Timescales for Divorce and Civil Partnership Dissolution
- An undefended Divorce or Civil Partnership dissolution usually takes between 4 and 6 months
- Sometimes the divorce is not finalised for over a year whilst the parties negotiate a financial settlement or make an application to the court
- If the other party does not acknowledge receipt of the papers and a court application has to be made to prove service that may add a further 3-4 months to the process
Examples of factors which affect timescale
- Delay in providing evidence of identity and/or initial payment on account of costs from you
- Delay in agreeing the paperwork
- Delays at court due to Covid 19 or similar restricted working conditions
- Delay in the other party acknowledging receipt
- Delay whilst a financial settlement is reached
Free 30-Minute Initial Consultation
We offer a no obligation initial 30-minute free consultation to consider the likely cost and steps which may be necessary for any new matter.
Our Latest Posts
Monday – Friday
9:15am to 5:15pm*
*Please note we are closed between 1pm and 2pm for lunch.